WVCO Board of Director Bios
James T Fortney – Director
Management Systems Consultant – Has private management, systems, and communications consulting business and contracted for several years as Management Consultant for major consulting firm.
Employed by large multi-national conglomerate for 36 years. Responsible for identifying, evaluating, and implementing systems to manage the corporation. Extensive experience with designing engineering, manufacturing, operational, logistic, and financial systems.
Licensed Amateur Radio Operator with Federal license authorizations in support of both Department of Defense (DoD) Cyber Security (MARS) and Department of Homeland Security (DHS-SHARES). Member of Yavapai County ARES/RACES supporting the County Office of Emergency Management (VC-OEM).
Active member of multiple community and trade organizations. Resident of the Williamson Valley near Prescott AZ since 2017.
Virginia DuBroy – Director
Born in Wooster, Ohio. Attended Cleveland State & Baldwin Wallace College w/degree in Business.
Moved to Prescott in 1974, raising 2 children as a single parent. Have lived in Williamson Valley for over 40 years. Initially worked in business administration at U.S. Electrical Motors, and City of Prescott (City Manager & Mayor/Council office). Has been a real estate Associate Broker for the past 30 years in Prescott.
Currently have 2 quarter horses and a Border Collie/Aussie. Enjoy horseback riding and dog agility & herding. Have 2 adult children and 3 teenage grandchildren living here in Prescott.
Past & Present Activities:
- Prescott Town Hall – Participant
- Granite Mountain Riders – served as President, Secretary, Treasurer (over 20 year period)
- Prescott National Forest – Site Steward – volunteer
- Yavapai County Sheriff’s Office Search & Rescue – volunteer
- Yavapai County Big Brother/Big Sister – Big Sister volunteer
- CASA (Court Appointed Special Advocate)– CASA volunteer
- Friends of Williamson Valley, Inc. – Membership Chairman
- Williamson Valley Corridor Plan, Inc. – Membership Chairman
- Adopt-a-Road Program – Inscription Canyon Ranch section – Chairman & volunteer
- Campaign Chairman for Georgene Lockwood – BOS Candidate 2008
- RWOP – Republic Women of Prescott – volunteered at local & State level Boards
- Adopt-a-Road Program – Mile Marker 3-4 Williamson Valley Road – Chairman & volunteer
- Williamson Valley Community Organization – President 2010, current Board Member
Don Braun – Director
Don Braun spent thirty-three years in southern California law enforcement, the last eight of his years as a police chief for a 100+ member police department, retiring in 2012. Following that career, he was an executive director for a 503(c)(3) non-profit organization for nearly four years. Don has a good working knowledge of community planning, specifically related to public safety. He is past president of two HOA’s and has worked with both local and regional planning groups / commissions in southern California.
Don and his wife moved to the area in 2014. Don makes it clear he did not bring any of the “California” non-sense here, that is why he and his wife left. He is an active member of the Yavapai Amateur Radio Club and currently serves as the volunteer President for Cactus Intertie Inc, a multi-state amateur radio communications system. Don is interested in the preservation of Williamson Valley but remains open minded about future growth which is managed correctly along with appropriate resources.