WVCO Board of Director Bios
Diane McKelvey – President
Born in Whittier, California. Moved to Long Beach in 1972, to attend California State University at Long Beach. Graduated with a BS in Criminal Justice in 1976.
Began employment with United States Government in 1977, and worked in Los Angeles County. In 1980 became a a Special Agent/Criminal Investigator with U.S. Dept of Agriculture, Office of Inspector General. Transferred to United States Customs Service, Office of Investigations in 1983 and retired in 10/2003. Worked as a background investigator under contract with U.S. Government from 10/2004 to 1/2014.
Moved to Prescott, AZ in 11/2003, where I reside with husband Frederick McKelvey, also a retired criminal investigator with U.S. Customs. Live in Crossroads Ranch I with 2 horses, 4 dogs and 4 alpacas.
Volunteers with Friends of Williamson Valley Fire Department for approximately 10 years, helping with the annual craft show, monthly pancake breakfasts, and other fund raising efforts, and is a participating Master Gardener with Yavapai County Cooperative Extension Service.
Hobbies and interest are gardening, walking with friends, and spending time with my animals.
Judi Williams – Vice President and Secretary
Judi Williams has been elected as the WVCO Secretary and will be a great asset. She has been a member of WVCO for quite some time. Judi and her husband moved here to retire in 2004, however, they wonder how they ever had time to work. Among the many things she participates in, her joy is being a Baritone singer in the Songs of the Pines Chorus, a performing and competing organization of women who sing 4-part Barbershop style. She served as the Team Leader for 9 years. Judi has also been a Noon Lioness since 2005, volunteers for People Who Care and plans to volunteer at the Veteran’s Hospital. Buz and Judi have two sons and 4 grandchildren.
James T Fortney – Treasurer
Management Systems Consultant – Has private management, systems, and communications consulting business and contracted for several years as Management Consultant for major consulting firm.
Employed by large multi-national conglomerate for 36 years. Responsible for identifying, evaluating, and implementing systems to manage the corporation. Extensive experience with designing engineering, manufacturing, operational, logistic, and financial systems.
Licensed Amateur Radio Operator with Federal license authorizations in support of both Department of Defense (DoD) Cyber Security (MARS) and Department of Homeland Security (DHS-SHARES). Member of Yavapai County ARES/RACES supporting the County Office of Emergency Management (VC-OEM).
Active member of multiple community and trade organizations. Resident of the Williamson Valley near Prescott AZ since 2017.
Virginia DuBroy – Director
Born in Wooster, Ohio. Attended Cleveland State & Baldwin Wallace College w/degree in Business.
Moved to Prescott in 1974, raising 2 children as a single parent. Have lived in Williamson Valley for over 40 years. Initially worked in business administration at U.S. Electrical Motors, and City of Prescott (City Manager & Mayor/Council office). Has been a real estate Associate Broker for the past 30 years in Prescott.
Currently have 2 quarter horses and a Border Collie/Aussie. Enjoy horseback riding and dog agility & herding. Have 2 adult children and 3 teenage grandchildren living here in Prescott.
Past & Present Activities:
- Prescott Town Hall – Participant
- Granite Mountain Riders – served as President, Secretary, Treasurer (over 20 year period)
- Prescott National Forest – Site Steward – volunteer
- Yavapai County Sheriff’s Office Search & Rescue – volunteer
- Yavapai County Big Brother/Big Sister – Big Sister volunteer
- CASA (Court Appointed Special Advocate)– CASA volunteer
- Friends of Williamson Valley, Inc. – Membership Chairman
- Williamson Valley Corridor Plan, Inc. – Membership Chairman
- Adopt-a-Road Program – Inscription Canyon Ranch section – Chairman & volunteer
- Campaign Chairman for Georgene Lockwood – BOS Candidate 2008
- RWOP – Republic Women of Prescott – volunteered at local & State level Boards
- Adopt-a-Road Program – Mile Marker 3-4 Williamson Valley Road – Chairman & volunteer
- Williamson Valley Community Organization – President 2010, current Board Member